As part of the requirements for registration to practise as a health practitioner in Australia, overseas trained health professionals from non-English speaking backgrounds (India, for example) must pass the English Test (OET). The OET applies to the mainstream health professions, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, veterinary medicine, occupational therapy, dietetics, radiography and others. (At COSMO OET Coaching Centre however, we provide OET training only for those in the nursing profession).
Best OET Coaching Center Trivandrum & Kottayam
COSMO is rated the top OET Coaching Center in Trivandrum & Kottayam, Kerala. Many OET coaching centers/institutions in Kottayam and Trivandrum notwithstanding, we at COSMO have retained the cutting edge when it comes to OET training/coaching in Kerala due to the innovative teaching strategies and the fun-filled classrooms. With our exceptional techniques taught in an easy-to-remember manner, you can be sure that you would be able to answer maximum questions in minimum time. This great enabling is what makes us stand apart from the other OET Coaching/Training institutions in Kottayam and Trivandrum, Kerala.
OET Training Academy Kottayam & Trivandrum:
With the most number of results in Trivandrum and Kerala, it is no wonder that our OET classes (both Trivandrum and Kottayam) are most sought-after by aspirants from all over India. We lower the bar for our students and raise it for our competitors i.e other OET coaching centers in Trivandrum and Kottayam. With online OET coaching requests pouring in from all over India, it would not be long before we consider it favourably and take our OET training , all over the country.
In short, if you are looking for the best OET coaching institution/training academy in Trivandrum or Kottayam (Kerala), your search ends here as OET coaching in Kottayam has become synonymous with COSMO.
At COSMO OET Coaching Centre, Kerala you will explore a world of global learning opportunities, dedicated and pro-active faculty, useful knowledge base and an environment that fosters knowledge sharing and self-development.
Now, what are you waiting for? Join OET classes @ COSMO OET Training center at Trivandrum or Kottayam and realize your dream of a job and life in Australia and NewZealand.
OET Test Format
- Writing (45 minutes)
- Speaking (approximately 20 minutes)
- Listening (approximately 50 minutes)
- Reading (60 minutes)
OET Preparation Course content
- OET Writing, OET Speaking, OET Reading, OET Listening.
- Letter writing including but not limited to: formal and informal letters, patient referral letters, hospital admissions letters, reminder letter to patients, patient discharge letters etc.
- Speaking using tone| diction| fluency| accuracy & volume, which covers typical patient scenarios in Australia
- Pronunciation and appropriate language for when dealing with people in all contexts e.g. hospital settings and private clinics
- Functional language, taking patient histories, giving explanations, giving advice, aggression conversation and giving re-assurances
- Dealing with children, teenagers, adults and older Australians
- Australian health care sector – understanding the role of different government departments and understanding public and private health enterprise
- Speed reading and comprehension for all components of the OET test
- Reading for specific purposes – understanding the text and being able to answers specific questions relating to the text.
- Health professional’s grammar in writing and speaking for the OET test.
Scoring and grades:
Each of the four sub-tests that make up OET are graded A to E, where A is the highest grade and E is the lowest.
|OET grade||Description of ability|
|A||Very high level of performance|
|B||High level of performance, i.e. able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs|
|C||Good level of performance; however, not acceptable to a range of health and medical councils|
|D||Moderate level of performance; requires improvement|
|E||Low level of performance; requires considerable improvement|
|AUD $587.00||To sit all four OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00|
|AUD $200.50||To sit one OET sub-test, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00|
|AUD $339.00||To sit two OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00|
|AUD $477.50||To sit three OET sub-tests, including the online booking fee of AUD $7.00|